Sleeping arrangements with three new babies can be tricky. Although many mothers opt to put their babies in a crib from day one, you may want to consider using bassinets when expecting triplets. Here we have put together a list of the best baby bassinet for triplets.
The 5 Best Baby Bassinets for Triplets
What’s the benefit of a bassinet for triplets?
Triplets are often born by c-section, which makes getting up in the night for feedings a challenge physically for mom. More accessibility and less bending over is better. Since bassinets are typically more compact and have lower sides, picking up and placing your babies is less strain than when using a crib.
But won’t they grow out of it pretty quickly?
Bassinets are typically safe to use until babies can roll over and sit up. Since triplets will likely be born premature, it may take them a few more weeks than their singleton peers to reach this milestone.
Bassinets are also ideal for small spaces, especially if you prefer to keep your babies in your bedroom for the first few months. If it seems extraneous to have this type of sleeping arrangement for only a few months of your child’s life, remember your comfort is the top priority as you recover and welcome these tiny, precious lives into your own. Even if it is only a few months, it may make your life as a new mom to triplets much smoother.
Twin Bassinet + Single or Three Separate Bassinets?
There are some bassinets designed for twins that can be used alongside a single bassinet or you can opt for three single bassinets. Look at your space and budget to see which would be most practical and ergonomic as you search for the best bassinet for triplets.
1. Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet
The Delta Children Sweet Beginnings Bassinet is sleek, simple, and affordable. Lightweight and mobile, it’s small enough to have three of them or to pair with a twin bassinet.
The benefit of this particular bassinet is the ability to move it from room to room. It’s compact enough that you could place it near your bed when you sleep, and then roll it to another room during the day without disturbing your babies (who will probably sleep a lot!). This makes it one of the best bassinets for small spaces. It’s worth mentioning that this is one of the more affordable bassinets on the market, so you don’t have to feel guilty about a product you will only need for a short amount of time.
Don’t forget the batteries! Each bassinet requires 3 AA batteries for the night light and music module.
Amazon offers a 3 year protection plan as an add on. They also offer free shipping for Prime members.
- Lights and sounds: Features a calming nightlight and soothing music. Baby bassinet requires 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Perfect for naps or bedtime: Adjustable, removable canopy helps block light to create a serene sleep environment
- Easy to use: Large storage basket provides ample storage for all things baby | Locking wheels for easy room-to-room mobility | Includes mattress pad and fitted sheet
- Size: 21 W x 35.5 D x 45.5 H inches
- We put your baby's safety first: JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC and ASTM
2. Dream on Me Karley Bassinet
The Dream on Me Karley Bassinet is another suitable option if you are looking for something lightweight that can easily move from room to room and works well in small spaces. It doesn’t have wheels like the Sweet Beginnings, but it is foldable and weighs only 14 pounds. It’s compact enough so you could easily use three of these or pair it with a twin bassinet.
While the Dream on Me Karley bassinet and the Delta Children Sweet Beginnings are similar in size and price, the Karley conveniently folds flat so you could potentially travel with it. The Karley also has several color options available, which is a fun feature if you are planning to color coordinate the baby items for triplets.
If you have curious cats or other animals, the double canopy can give you peace of mind that your babies are protected as they sleep. Since the sides are mesh, you may want to use a blanket over one side of the canopy to block some light if your bassinet faces a brightly-lit window.
Since the sides are mesh, you may want to use a blanket over one side of the canopy to block some light if your bassinet faces a brightly-lit window.
Amazon has some of the colors listed at a slightly different price. Check the color options when purchasing.
- LIGHT & VERSATILE: The Karley Bassinet is designed with a lightweight aluminum frame that allows you to move it easily from room to room. It comes with a no-tool assembly & quick-folding mechanism. Use it indoors and carry it outdoors without any hassle
- ROOMY INTERIORS: With dimensions of 33L x 19.5W x 37H inches, the Karley is as spacious as they come. The roomy, airy bassinet features an adjustable double canopy that keeps bugs away; There is also a large storage bag to hold your babies’ essentials
- STYLISH LOOK: The Karley is made out of a soft, safe and comfortable polyester foam fabric, which is easy to clean. It is available in beautiful finishes, allowing it to blend in beautifully with the nursery of your dreams
- MATTRESS INCLUDED: It includes a dual-sided 1-inch-thick mattress pad as recommended by the ASTM & CPSC. Mattress pad specs are 31.5Lx15.5Wx1H inches. It meets flame retardants requirement of CPSC
- OTHER SPECS: The Karley Bassinet weighs 12.4lbs and is recommended for new-borns up to 25lbs. The height with the canopy is 37 inches, height without is 27 inches. The bassinet stands up when folded
3. HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet
A slightly different design, the HALO bassinet is a one-of-a-kind “swivel sleeper” designed to fit right up to your bed. The sturdy base slides beneath your bed frame and the bed portion swivels for maximum closeness to your babies. It’s a bit pricier but the maximum weight limit is also a bit higher (30 pounds).
When considering this option for triplets, you might be able to fit two of them on one side of the bed and one on the other side (or one at your feet if you don’t have a footboard). When looking for the best bassinet for c section moms, imagine the comfort of not having to leave your bed to feed your little ones! According to best baby bassinet reviews, moms have been pleased with the sturdiness since it is not easily knocked over.
There are more expensive models of this bassinet with additional features such as soothing sounds, night light, nursing timer, vibration, floor light, and storage caddy.
- From your trusted brand leader in safe sleep, our award-winning HALO BassiNest is beloved by parents and nurses for its safety, comfort, and convenience. Our HALO BassiNest is the only bassinet with a 360º swivel to keep your newborn close allowing for essential bonding.
- Designed with mothers in mind, the patented lowering bedside wall makes it easier to care for baby from bed, especially for breastfeeding and C-section moms.
- Soothing sounds and gentle vibrations create a peaceful environment for your little one to rest safely and comfortably at your side. Includes amber nightlight, amber floorlight, two levels of vibration, and four soothing sounds: heartbeat, white noise, babbling brook, and rainforest (all with auto-shutoff)
- Two convenient storage pockets keeps baby's necessities within reach. Now, your little one can rest safely and comfortably at your side. Also includes a waterproof mattress and one machine-washable fitted sheet.
- Sturdy four-point base provides maximum stability and easily adjusts for bed heights from 22" - 34". Base legs tuck under bed and require only 32" clearance from the wall, making it ideal for small spaces.
4. Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet
Another idea when you are looking for the best baby bassinet for triplets is to pair a twin bassinet with a single bassinet. This Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard has multiple functionality and will save you some space. You can use it as a comfy bassinet for two of your trio, or remove the bassinets to use as a playpen.
If you are looking for a bassinet option that is more stationary and saves a bit of space, this twin bassinet may work for you. It’s wider so you may not be able to move it from room to room, but the bassinets easily remove to convert into a playpen. Take into consideration this bassinet is a few inches lower than other bassinets, so practically speaking it may be a bit more difficult to lay down and pick up your babies from as you recover from your birth. However, the ability to convert it to a playpen would save you money if you already planned to purchase a separate playpen for your triplets.
While the bottom of the bassinets are quilted so you don’t technically need to purchase separate fitted sheets, you may want to invest in sheets for extra protection. Keep in mind the sheet size for these bassinets is different than the other Graco sheet sizes. Look for the twin bassinet sheet set.
Target and Amazon offers all three color options. However, Amazon offers the matching sheets as an add-on item.
- Roomy playard features cozy, quilted twin bassinets that make a perfect spot for your babies to rest
- Twin bassinet slumber dome canopies help create a soothing environment so your twins can rest
- Quilted mattress pad creates a cozy place for your babies to rest
- Easily converts to a portable playard
5. Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center
The Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center is another example of a twin bassinet option to pair with a single bassinet for triplets. This twin bassinet is similar to the Graco Pack ‘n Play in that it can conveniently convert into a playpen. Additionally, it features a flip away changing table and diaper organizer.
Similar to the Graco Pack ‘n Play Twin Bassinet, this is a smart choice for moms who are already planning to purchase a playpen. The difference with the Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center is the bells and whistles, such as the handle and rocking feature on the bassinets, night light/vibration/music center with volume control, and changing table that easily flips to the side when not in use. It’s a bit shorter than the Graco Pack ‘n Play Twin Bassinet, so you may have to reach down a bit more to place and pick up your infants.
The bassinet fabric is hand wash only, so you might consider using a sheet or blanket over it for added protection.
This bassinet also has free shipping from Prime members on Amazon.
- Two removable rock-a-bye bassinet converts to a stand alone rocker
- Removable rock-a-bye bassinet comes with canopy and carry handle, plush fabric and mesh sides for proper ventilation
- Flip away changing table and deluxe parent organizer. Use only household mild soap and warm water. Do Not Use Bleach. Do Not Machine Wash
- One-hand locking mechanism and large wheels with brakes
- Electronic music center with volume control, nightlight, and vibration
As you can see from this list, there are many different aspects to consider and many different options to choose from when deciding on the sleeping arrangements for your little bundles. Ultimately, choosing the best baby bassinet for triplets is a matter of taking into consideration your sleeping preferences as you recover, your space, and your budget. We hope this list helps you refine your baby item search and find the safest, most convenient option for your growing family. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, leave a comment below!