Changing the diapers of three infants all day can become exhausting, and you’ve likely been eagerly researching the best potties out there for effortless training.
It may take time, however, before your little ones are using the potty independently. They’ll need a little help during the transition phase, and there’s one product perfect for the job: training pants.
We’ve put together a list of the best pull up diapers for potty training, so you can be one step closer to a diaper-free existence.
Diapers vs. Pull-Ups
The two are very similar. You might even confuse them if you had them side by side. The main difference, however, is pull ups tend to be less absorbent.
Remember, they’re meant to assist with training, so less padding is going to allow your children to feel the wetness while recognizing discomfort.
Also, pull ups are designed to be pulled up and down. The stretchy material on the sides allows your little one to do just that. Some options have velcro sides to make changes a little easier when necessary.
When Is My Child Ready for Pull Ups?
All babies’ potty training journeys are different. Some start training as early as 18 months, while some may not begin until 3. It’s actually recommended to wait to begin training until age 2. However, it’s going to depend entirely on your little one’s readiness to do so.
Your child will begin to show cues that he or she is ready to start training. (There’s no need to worry if your children start potty training at different times.) Take a look at the ways your kiddos may be showing you they’re ready to take the leap.
Once you feel it’s time to introduce training pants to your child, you’ll want to make sure you have the best pull up diapers for potty training. Finding the perfect fit for your child could have a huge impact on your his or her success.
5 Best Pull Up Diapers for Potty Training
1. Pampers Easy Ups Training Pants
Pampers have been around for decades, and plenty of parents love their diapers! Many of those beloved traits can be found in the pull up option, and there’s options for both boys and girls! It’s safe to say these are one of the best pull up diaper brands on the market.
- 360 degree stretch waistband
- Dual leak guard barriers
- Soft material
- Easy tear sides
- Extra absorb channels
- Designs specific for boys and girls
- Well-known brand
- Adorable designs (Thomas the train and Hello Kitty)
- Reasonable price for good amount of pull ups
- 12 hour protection (good for overnight)
- Claim to be fragrance free
- Wetness indicator on pull up
- Potential to tear off easily
- May need to size up
- Said to have the famous “Pampers” fragrance. The baby powder scent can be overpowering to some.
If you’ve been a fan of Pampers thus far, it’s likely you’ll love the pull ups. With adorable designs, and made with comfort in mind, your little ones will love wearing them.
- Recommended Weight: 27+ Pounds. Note: The expiration date is for REWARDS not for the product.
- Super Soft like cotton underwear
- Extra Absorb Channels provide outstanding protection against leaks, day or night
- Dual LeakGuard Barriers Help stop leaks where they happen most
- Easy-tear Sides Designed to help make removal easy
2. Naty by Nature Babycare Pull on Pants
As parents we often search for natural alternatives, and thankfully there’s one for pull ups! These are eco friendly, and are free from many of the harsh chemicals found in other options. Most importantly, they actually work!
- GM free starch used as leak barrier
- Breathable material
- Free of chlorine and Fragrances
- No oil-based plastic
- Cloth like feel
- Natural alternative
- Uses Total chlorine free Pulp for leakage
- Gentle on baby’s skin
- Easy-to-tear sides
- Reduced bulk when soiled (compared to other common brands)
- Sit comfortably on the waist
- Gender neutral design
- Pricier than other brands
- Some claims of leaking out of the sides
For once you won’t have to choose between natural and effective. The best potty training pants don’t have to leave you worrying about harsh chemicals. With these you can help your little ones potty train, and have some peace of mind.
- PLANT BASED ultrasoft Pull up Pants. Eco by Naty provides the perfect Eco friendly underwear like diapering pants with cool nature inspired designs.
- ABSORBENT AND COMFORTABLE: They’re soft, stretchy, comfortable and easy to put on and pull off for struggle free diaper changes. The high tech eco diaper core will keep your baby dry day and night.
- HYPOALLERGENIC AND PROTECTIVE OF BABY SENSITIVE SKIN: Our Pull-ups are created without the use of harsh substances and are free of chemicals. By eliminating irritants, they are designed to minimize the risk of allergy and diaper rash.
- CLEAN AND ECO-FRIENDLY PRODUCTS: Our Pants are made with plant-based materials, unlike most disposable diapers and pants on the market. These eco friendly products are not only better for your baby but better for the planet, too.
- GOOD FOR BABY, GOOD FOR NATURE: Eco by Naty was first started in Sweden nearly 27 years ago. Today, we continue with our goal to create products that are not only safe for our bodies, but that are also good for the environment. Backed by independent sustainability certifications, we offer the greenest products, all made from nature!
3. GoodNites Bedtime Bedwetting Underwear
We simply couldn’t help you with pull up choices without recommending ones for overnight! Sometimes other pull ups can’t hold up to the long hours of the night, or the incredible amount of pee that comes from such a tiny person. With GoodNites, however, those sheets might just be dry in the morning!
- Double leg barriers
- “Super stretchy sides”
- 5 layer protection
- Variety of designs
- Fun designs for both boys and girls
- Thicker liners in front for boys
- Stretchy material. Conforms to various body types
- Odor control is so-so
GoodNites might be the best disposable training pants for long nights. They’re the perfect way to help your little ones deal with this challenge of training until they can wake themselves (and you) up to use the potty.
- Disposable bedwetting underwear fits children 43-68 lb. (20-31 kg)
- Nighttime bed wetting pants with 40% more protection than the leading training pant, plus discreet odor absorption that allows your child to worry less about the mess
- 5 Layer Protection with extra absorbency and reinforced Double Leg Barriers to help prevent leaks
- Our most comfortable nighttime protection with super stretchy waistband that provides soft, underwear like fit for all body shapes
- The #1 Nighttime Underwear* brand that has helped more than 10 million kids manage overnight bed wetting
4. Mom & Bab Training Pants
If you’ve been using cloth diapers until now, then these are a great transition into potty training. They have a feel similar to cloth diapers, and may just be the best potty training pants. They’re also a great way to prepare your kids for underwear!
- Three absorbent layers
- TPU waterproof layer
- Cotton pant material
- Stretchy waistband
- Stretchy thigh bands for various bodies
- Baby-friendly designs
- Allows child to feel wetness, so they recognize the discomfort
- Made by a mother
- Available in a variety of cute designs
- Machine washable
- Similar to underwear, but more absorbent
- PVC free
- Not a good option for overnight
- Do not tear on sides
These are a perfect option if you’re hoping to dive right into the potty training challenge. You can bi-pass diaper-like pull ups, and truly prepare your little ones for all the changes associated with potty independence.
- These pants are designed to feel like comfortable underwear and can hold a small accident, but not a full bladder like a diaper (please refer to the size chart in the photos for the best fit)
- The 3 layers makes it 3 times more absorbent than regular under, helping to catch small accidents, resulting in less clean up. (Will not hold a full bladder like diapers so its NOT recommended for nighttime training!)
- Great transition pants to underwear. Construction of pant makes it easier for child to pull up and down and will last for use with all your kids
- Your child will feel the wetness with the onset of an accident, where they can be taught to notify you or head to the potty.
- Very durable soft cotton material that is sewn with precision. Accidents wash out well. 100% no hassle money-back guaranty and lifetime product replacement guarantee.
5. Huggies Pull Ups Learning Designs
Huggies clearly needs no introduction, and they’re undoubtedly a contender as the best pull up diapers for potty training. The fun character designs will have your little ones excited to start their potty training!
- Underwear-like design
- Easy tearable sides
- Disney character designs
- Wetness indicator (designs fade when wet)
- Available in 2t-5t
- Fun colors and designs for kids
- Soft and stretchy material
- Available for both genders
- Velcro sides can be adjusted. Also allows for easy checks
- May run smaller than expected
- Doesn’t hold up well with a lot of pee
Many parents claim these are the best pull up diapers for toddlers, so they may be exactly what you’re looking for! The adjustable velcro on the sides is a definite bonus, and they can be refastened for all those times your little ones decide to tear them off.
- Pull-Ups training pants size 4 (2t-3t) fit toddlers 16-34 lb. (7-15 kg)
- Fun music designs feature exclusive Minnie Mouse graphics that fade when wet to help your child learn potty training & motivate to stay dry
- Refastenable, easy-open sides allow you to customize child's waistband plus keep clothes on for quick checks & changes
- Training pants with all-around coverage & underwear like fit, with extra absorbency & leak protection where your child needs it most
- Easy potty training with soft, stretchy sides that little hands can move up & down easily to promote Big Kid independence
You have five incredible options to choose from, but now you’re faced with the challenge of training! Take a look at this video for fun tips and tricks to getting your little ones potty independent.
Let the Training Begin
The right pull ups are going to help everyone when it comes to the challenges of potty training. Thankfully, the best pull up diapers for potty training are right at your fingertips. Your little ones are going to love their newfound independence, and they’ll likely love their new undies too!