As a mother of three you’ll encounter three times the diapers, and three times the smell. Many parents have turned to cloth diapers to cut down expenses and waste, but cloth diapers come with a much stronger aroma. We’re here to help you find the best diaper pail for cloth diapers so you can love everything they have to offer.
The Top Rated Diaper Pails for Cloth Diapers
Are Diaper Pails A Necessity?
You can make it through your diaper changing routine without a pail, but you are going to regret it. Parenting is relentlessly busy, and it’s likely you won’t have the time to take the diaper to the wash. Pails allow you to temporarily dispose of them until you can make time for laundry.
Without a pail you’re going to have one stinky room, or you’re going to be making your way to the store to get one.
If you’re new to cloth diapers in general, take a look at this great video showing you the different types of cloth diapers.
Are All Pails the Same?
Most pails are similar, but some are designed specifically for cloth diapers.
Wet Pails – Wet pails are pails filled with water [by you] to presoak soiled diapers before you get them to the wash. Some parents even add essential oils or vinegar to the water to help with this process, and to reduce odor.
Dry Pails – These are the traditional pails in which no water is added. They often have a liner inside to hold the dirty diapers, which you empty when you’re ready to wash.
Both pails can be efficient, and both have advantages. You can also combine the function of both by rinsing the diapers under water before placing them into the dry pail. This way they soak before laundry time.
With that in mind, let’s find you the best cloth diaper pail.
Best Diaper Pails for Cloth Diapers
1. Dekor Classic Hands Free Diaper Pail
This particular diaper pail is perfect if you’re looking for something traditional. Its sleek minimalist design will blend well with any nursery, and it’s a great dry pail option. Of course, the best part about this one is the hands free component!
- Foot pedal for easy opening
- Holds up to 45 newborn diapers
- Childproof lock
- Kid safe cutter inside for liners
- Spring loaded trap door
- Triple protection odor control
Despite the claims of a triple action odor control, the biggest complaint among parents is the smell. It appears that this particular pail holds diapers well, but unfortunately doesn’t contain the odor that none of us want to revisit.
- Sleek design
- Easy to operate
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Can be used as a regular trash when babies are grown!
- Poor odor control
- Some claim the product is a bit small
- Totally Hands-Free: Step, Drop, Done! No Bending, No Twisting, No Squishing, Unlike Ordinary Pails!
- Most Cost-Effective Diaper Pail Refill System on the Market. Dekor Refill System Creates Less Waste - Use ONLY What You Need!
- Effective Triple Odor Control Keeps the Smell in the Pail
- Award Winning Product Tested by Millions of Parents
- Closed-Cell ABS Plastic Works Like Metal but Won't Rust
2. Ubbi Diaper Pail
Slightly pricier than other pails, the Ubbi is a contender when it comes to the best diaper pail for cloth diapers. It’s made from steel, which is meant to completely eliminate odor-related concerns, and erase the need for liners.
- Made of steel
- Childproof locking lid
- Rubber seals around lid for additional odor control
- Sliding lid
- Holds up to 50 diapers
The Ubbi undoubtedly pops up when you search for the best diaper pail for cloth diapers review. It works wonderfully, and parents adore it. This pail will contain the foul smell until you finally find time to make it to the wash.
- Sleek design and shape
- Available in a variety of colors and designs
- Steel makes it durable and odor-resistant
- No bags needed
- Not hands free
- More expensive
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
3. Munchkin Step Diaper Pail
Munchkin is a brand well-known for their reliable baby products, so it’s no surprise they also have a diaper pail. The main focus of this pail is to eliminate the odor aspect of all those dirty diapers, which is evident in its Arm & Hammer odor-absorbing puck.
- Modern, sleek design
- Step paddle
- Arm & Hammer Puck on lid
- Dual refill compatible
- Self sealing system
- Childproof lock
This pail has a lot to offer, and those who have taken a chance on it have been pleased. It gets the job done until you’re able to wash your little ones’ diapers. The puck included also smells like lavender, and who doesn’t like lavender?
- Good storage capacity
- Odor eliminating
- Versatile design
- Hands- free operation
- Diapers often need to be squished through the opening
- Lid must be closed manually
- Pricier than other options
- Munchkin Step Diaper Pail Powered by Arm & Hammer
- Awarded 2020 Best Overall Diaper Pail by the Good Housekeeping Institute
- Patented self-sealing system keeps odors contained whether lid is open or closed
- The only diaper pail compatible with both Refill Rings and Snap, Seal & Toss Bags
- The set contains (1) Step pail, (1) Snap, seal and toss bag, (1) Starter ring refill, (1) Lavender scented baking soda puck
4. Playtex Diaper Genie Complete Diaper Pail
This is likely the most well-known diaper pail on the market, often referred to as “the diaper genie.” At an affordable price, this popular option could be considered the best trash can for cloth diapers.
- 7 layer refill bag
- Air-tite clamp
- Front tilt opening for easy access emptying
- Built in carbon filter
- Available in a variety of colors
- Foot pedal to open
- Self-closing clamps
The Diaper Genie has incredibly mixed reviews. The largest complaint being the lack of odor control. However, it seems parents continue to purchase it regardless, which is likely due to its ease of use.
- Hands free
- Built in charcoal filter
- Sleek design fits anywhere
- Clamp to seal in odor
- Need to refill bags
- Doesn’t hold many diapers
- Odor control is questionable
- Filter must be replaced
- HANDS-FREE CONVENIENCE: Complete diaper pail features a foot pedal-activated lid for hygienic and convenient opening (no bending over)
- NO MORE STINK: This diaper trash can seals in smells with Double Air-Tite clamps and a deodorizing carbon filter to add yet another layer of odor protection
- PREVENT GERM SPREAD: Diaper Genie refill bags feature a built-in antimicrobial to lock-in dirty diaper odor, prevent germ transmission, and inhibit bacterial growth on the film
- LASTING VALUE: This diaper pail comes with a refill that can hold up to 270 newborn sized diapers! The pail's composition allows easy cleaning without worrying about rust.
- BABY REGISTRY ESSENTIAL: Our pails and refills are baby nursery must-haves, with over 2 million parents trusting the Diaper Genie brand! It is the perfect gift for any baby shower or registry!
5. Planet Wise Wet/Dry Diaper Tote Bag
This is not your ordinary diaper pail, but this bag might just replace yours. It may even be the best diaper “pail” for cloth diapers. It can store your clean dry diapers, and the soiled dirty ones in another section. It’s a great option for moms on the go as well!
- 2 separate compartments
- Seam sealed waterproof pocket
- Water resistant
- Available in several designs
- 2 handles to hang bag
If you’re searching for an alternative to the traditional pail, this is your answer! Parents rave about this bag, and it’s an incredible product for those using cloth diapers. You won’t regret adding this bag to your collection.
- Zippered pockets for easy access
- 2 in 1- Holds both clean and dirty diapers
- Holds around 20 diapers
- Machine washable
- Great at masking odors
- Design on bag may fade
- May need to be washed frequently (especially with triplets!)
- LEAK PROOF: Our patented seam-sealed technology ensures that the soggy items in the main compartment won't seep into the zippered waterproof pocket, so your wet and dry items are separate and protected.
- LARGE CAPACITY: Measuring 16" x 26.5", these bags can hold 2-3 days' worth of cloth diapers. The inner waterproof PUL layer works with the durable cotton exterior to keep odors contained.
- PERFECT FOR TRAVEL: Our wet/dry bags are great to use as an on-the-go cloth diaper pail, waterproof beach bag, hanging laundry bag, or even breast pump bag, making them the perfect travel accessories!
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Can be added to the same load as your cloth diapers or just regular laundry. Wash inside-out on warm or hot with additive-free detergent; line dry or tumble dry on low or medium.
- HANDLES: While it contains many items, you don't have to worry, because the double handles allow you to easily carry or hang the bag wherever you please!
It’s difficult to say which is the best diaper pail for triplets with so many incredible options to choose from. However, any one of these could easily win that title, depending on your preference. Life with triplets may be a tad easier once you find the best diaper pail for cloth diapers.
Enter your text here…