There’s nothing more soothing to a screaming baby than a warm bottle of milk. Offering a cold bottle can end in frantic screeches, and a little less sanity for you. A bottle warmer could be the answer to your problem, day and night. We’ve compiled a list of the best, so you can have the top rated baby bottle warmer within arm’s reach.
Is it Necessary to Warm Bottles?
Contrary to popular belief, milk does not need to be warmed up before serving. However, it’s been shown infants tend to have an upset stomach after drinking cold milk, or they may spit up more than usual.
So why warm it up? Well, many babies will refuse cold milk. The last worry you need is three babies refusing (loudly, might I add) to eat. It will all depend entirely on your little ones’ preferences. If you have babies who don’t mind, or even enjoy, cool milk, then count yourself lucky! If you don’t, however, it’s time to invest in a warmer.
Can’t I Simply Use the Microwave?
Ah, the microwave. It can heat anything up within minutes, even seconds, and helps us catch up on the day. Well, as wonderful as it is, it should never be used to warm your children’s bottles.
- Uneven heat- Microwaves don’t evenly heat up the milk, so you could end up with “hot spots,” which are a danger for your baby.
- Kills nutrients- When milk is heated too high, particularly breast milk, many nutrients and minerals are eliminated. Clearly, you want to make sure your little ones are getting the best nourishment possible, so forego the microwave.
A warmer is designed to heat bottles gently and evenly, without destroying important nutrients.
Take a moment to learn how to properly thaw, and heat, milk for your babies.
Don’t forget the importance of the before-and after of warming a bottle (No matter your method of doing so.) Also, never forget to test the temperature on your wrist before offering the bottle to baby!
Top 5 Baby Bottle Warmers
Table could not be displayed.
1. Tommee Tippee Travel Bottle & Food Warmer- BEST BABY BOTTLE WARMER ON THE GO
If you travel a lot, or simply need a convenient option for warming bottles, this is the perfect solution! Simply fill it with boiling water, and you’re ready to go.
- Stainless steel and plastic
- No electricity required
- Thermal flask
- BPA free
- Fasten lid to prevent leaks
- Completely portable
- No plug in required
- Holds wide bottles
- Keeps water heated well
- Easily fits into diaper bag
- Can warm bottles quickly with hot water
- Bulkier than expected
- Some reports of leaking
This is undoubtedly the best portable baby bottle warmer, and the top rated baby bottle warmer on the market. With this warmer, you won’t need to worry about the temperature of your little ones’ bottles when out and about.
2. Babebay Baby Bottle Warmer 4-in-1- BEST ALL-IN-ONE BOTTLE WARMER
When you have three little ones, those products that can do everything are a must have. This bottle warmer is also a sterilizer, and a thermostat. Oh, and it also heats up food!
- LCD screen
- Automatic insulation (shut-off)
- Double bottle feature (Hooray!)
- High double deck lid
- Steam sterilization function
- Skid resistant base
- Controlled thermostat
- Bright LCD for late nights
- 4-in-1 product
- Ability to heat two bottles at once
- Ability to control temperature for food or milk
- Milk heats in 4 minutes or less
- You can even heat milk faster by pushing thermostat first.
- Money saver
- Can warm pouches
- Fits most bottles
- Some claim product takes much longer to warm milk
- Must fill the bowl with water first
Although the baby bottle warmer reviews for this product are mostly great, there are a handful of parents who share the same complaint: timing. Many say the warmer takes nearly fifteen minutes to truly warm a bottle, so this could be a potential issue.
3. Tommee Tippee Pump and Go Bottle and Pouch Warmer- BEST WARMER FOR POUCHES
If you’re in search of a warmer to quickly heat up pouches of stored breast milk, this could be it! It includes a pouch basket specifically meant for doing so. It’s also designed to gently heat milk, so your little ones always get the best nutrients.
- Includes basket
- 3 simple temperature settings
- Heats bottles and pouches
- Auto-off once done
- Beeps three times to let you know it is finished
- Easy to clean
- Water is poured directly into warmer. No additional step needed
- Heats gently to preserve vitamins
- Works well for frozen pouches
- Can be difficult to operate one-handed (If you’re holding a baby). You must push two buttons at once to turn off early
- Heating time/routine takes some practice
- Lid will not close all the way with tall bottles
There are a few kinks to this Tommee Tippee warmer, but it’s still a wonderful option for simple warming.
4. The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer- MOST AFFORDABLE BOTTLE WARMER
With over 3000 reviews, this warmer must have a reason for being so popular. The compact design fits easily in small spaces, and it has a lot to offer. It’s another multi-use product; it can sterilize pacifiers, warm milk, and warm food!
- Auto shut off feature
- Includes basket insert
- Light to indicate when finished
- BPA free
- Included measuring vial for water
- Peace of mind with auto-off
- Quick sterilizer for pacifiers
- Can easily heat up baby food using the basket
- Fits all bottles
- Minimalist and sleek design
- Incredibly affordable
- Heats milk quickly
- Warmer can get dirty quickly if not consistently cleaned
- May take a couple uses to find the “right” temp for your baby
There seems to be some needed trial-and-error with this particular warmer, but most come to like it after finding what works for them. Also, at such a great price, it’s worth it.
5. Philips Avent Bottle Warmer
Philips tends to make wonderful baby products, so it’s no surprise their warmer is one of the best selling on the market. It has convenient settings to heat milk, toddler cups, and food!
- Compact design
- Defrost setting
- Twist dial
- Neon light to indicate product is on
- 3 heating temperatures
- Minimalist design blends in well
- Heats milk up in 3 minutes (5 oz bottles). Larger bottles may take longer
- Reasonably prices
- Easy to clean
- Includes 2 year warranty
- No timer to indicate bottle is finished
The most common complaint of this warmer is it does not have a timer. Let’s face it; it’s easy to forget about a bottle when your tending to triplets, which can lead to scalding temperatures. However, you can remedy this by setting your own temperature once you find the time that works best for you.
There’s no shame in searching for moments of convenience in parenting, and a warmer is one of the best. It can make your life a tad simpler when you are busy tending to your three bundles of joy. The top rated baby bottle warmer is just a click away. You’ll come to love the warmer, and if you decide to get three, we’ll understand.