While bath time can be fun for your little ones, it can sometimes be troublesome for you. The trick to making bath time a breeze is finding the perfect baby tub. We’ve compiled a list of tubs loved by parents, so you can decide which is the best baby bath tub to buy to make your life a little easier.
The Best Baby Bath Tub to Buy
Top Things to Consider when Searching for a Tub
- Mildew – Anything related to the bath often has the potential for easy mildew growth. Look for baths that are easy to clean and dry.
- Comfort – You certainly don’t want your little ones to be uncomfortable during bath time. Look for tubs contoured to the bodies of babies, and meant to help comfortably support them.
- Safety – Tubs with grips, support systems, and textured bottoms are best to help keep your little ones from slipping.
There are other things to keep in mind during your search, such as: tub type, style, and safety. This video shows you the various options you’ll encounter, as well as offers a few bath time tips!
Where Should I Give My Babies Their Bath?
Where you give your babies their baths is going to depend upon their size, age, and your preference.
- Sink – The sink is a great place to wash those tiny bodies. It’s especially great for newborns.
- Countertops – With the right tub, you can wash your little one on the counter.
- Family Tub – Once your babies are a bit bigger, you can transition bath time into the family tub. There are plenty of baby baths designed to fit right into the large tub, making it baby-friendly.
- Baby bath tub stand – Leaning over the tub can be tiresome, so a tub stand is a perfect solution. Most baby baths will fit right on top of the stand, so you can wash your little one at the perfect height.
The 5 Best Baby Bath Tub to Buy
1. Fisher 4-in-1 Sling n’ Seat Tub – Best Infant Bathtub
If you’re searching for an all-in-one tub for your little ones, look no farther. This popular tub is designed to grow with your baby, so you don’t have to continue spending money on various tubs.
- 4 Stage design- newborn to toddler
- Squeeze bottle included
- Whale scoop for gentle rinsing
- Plug for easy draining
- Soft-foam surface
- Reclined position
A few moms reported their little ones toes getting caught/cut in the drain holes of the support seat. This wasn’t a concern for everyone, but definitely important to keep in mind. It’s definitely scary to hear of children getting injured in this baby bath, but it seems to be a rare occurrence. However, you now know which part of the bath to inspect before use. Aside from this terrible flaw, you will still find a quality tub here.
- Includes sling for newborns
- Sit-me-up support for wobbly sitters
- Grows with baby
- Hook for easy storage/draining
- Safety Concern
- Four-stage bath center grows with baby from newborn to toddler
- Soft mesh sling for newborns
- Baby stopper prevents slipping & sliding
- Sit-Me-Up-Support aids unsteady sitter
- Scooper-duper whale toy for water play
2. Angelcare Bath Support – Best Baby Bath Seat
The Angelcare support seat will allow you to make bath time a breeze, without worrying about a bulky tub. You can use it on top of the counter for sponge baths, or place it right in the family tub.
- Ergonomic design
- Loop for hanging
- Weight capacity of 30 lbs
This baby bath seat is all about convenience. It’s easy to drain, portable, and makes bathtime much faster, which any mother of three can appreciate. You won’t be disappointed with this option.
- Drains easily
- Mildew resistant
- Anti-slip guard for safety
- No assembly needed
- Available in 3 colors
- No anti-slip on bottom of seat – a bath mat underneath may fix this
- Can be difficult to get baby’s backside
- Smaller babies may slide down a bit
- CONVENIENT BABY BATHER: The Angelcare Baby Bath Support makes bath time easier and safer! Simply place the bather directly in the bathtub to secure and cradle your baby while partly immersing your child’s body into the bath water.
- ERGONOMIC & SAFE DESIGN: Designed with comfort and safety as the highest priority, the Baby Bath Support is made with lightweight yet durable plastic that is covered in a soft-touch mesh that is gentle on your baby’s delicate and sensitive skin.
- RINSES & DRIES EASILY: The quick-dry mesh material includes drain holes that allow soapy water to be rinsed away easily. Not to mention, cleanup is a breeze!
- EASY TO STORE: This baby bathing item features a built-in hook for convenient storage and quick drying! With a compact design, you can place the Bath Support directly inside a bath tub. No setup or installation is required!
- BABY ESSENTIAL FOR NEW PARENTS: This is a must-have for parents of babies, infants, and newborns less than 6 months old who weigh under 20 lbs (9 kg). This is an ideal gift for any baby shower or registry!
3. First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Baby Tub – Best Selling Baby Bathtub
If you’re looking for another option for a transition tub, the First Years baby tub is loved by many parents. It’s suitable for newborns and toddlers. Saving money on baby baths is essential when you have triplets, and this is an incredible option.
- Mesh sling for newborns
- Blue or pink color option
- Deep ergonomic design
- Mildew resistant pads
- Padded headrest
- Drain plug for easy draining
- 25 lb weight capacity
This tub is very similar to the Fisher 4-in-1, but without that concerning safety issue. The First Years will grow with your little ones, and you won’t have to worry about upgrading for quite a while.
- Comfortable bump keeps baby from sliding
- Mesh sling is machine washable
- Can be used in the sink
- BPA free
- Roomy for toddlers
- Can be difficult to get to the backside of the baby
- BABY BATH TUB: Three stages of transition from newborn to toddler, comes with a comfortable sling
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This bath tub for baby features an Infant hammock like sling inside the tub and holds a growing baby better during bath time
- COMFORTABLE NEWBORN BATH: Mesh sling provides extra support and comfort during first bath times
- TODDLER BATH: Toddlers are supported on the upright side of the baby tub with plenty of room to play
- EASY CLEAN: Mesh sling is machine washable and dryable, and anti-slip pads are mildew-resistant
4. Munchkin White Hot Inflatable Duck Safety Bath Tub - Best Baby Bath for Safety
Rubber duckies are a staple of bath time, but this one is the bath! It’s a bit unconventional, but parents absolutely love it. The inflatable padded sides and thermometer create a safe environment for your little one during bath time.
- “White hot” safety disc to tell when water is too hot
- textured bottom
- Contoured headrest
- Drain for easy emptying
Your little ones are going to love washing up in a giant ducky, and you’ll probably get a kick out of it too! Aside from appearances, however, this tub is actually great quality. It will also give you peace of mind when it comes to getting the right water temperature.
- Padded walls for safety
- Clear indication of when water temp is too hot, or perfect
- Fun design for baby
- Perfect for babies who can’t sit well by themselves
- Perfect size for little bodies
- Fits into the family tub
- Folds and can be stored away
- Too small for older toddlers
- May need to be re-inflated often
- The white hot safety disc turns white when water is too hot
- Padded tub makes big tubs comfy for kids
- Great for travel deflates and folds easily
- Textured bottom so baby won't slip. Always keep infant within adult's reach
- Ideal for babies between 6 to 24 months
5. Blooming Bath Lotus – Best Baby Bath Tub for Sink
If you like the convenience of bathing your little ones in the sink, then you have to take a look at this baby bath. It’s another unconventional option loved by many. Simply place the flower into the sink, and watch how adorable your little ones look sitting in it!
- Soft and comforting
- 4 wide contoured petals
- 8 inches in diameter
- washer and dryer safe
- Recommended up to 6 months
This baby bath originally had some flaws, but the company has reinvented it to be even better. You won’t have to concern yourself with the harsh edges of the sink when you use this adorably comfortable lotus.
- Adorable design
- Available in 6 colors
- Fits every sink
- Cushions baby during bath time
- Soft cushions prevent injury
- Can be used for older babies in bath tub
- Needs to be washed often – can get stinky quickly
- Difficult to dry/ takes time
- Handmade From the Softest Materials: Our signature product, the Lotus infant bath pad, conforms to most sinks to cradle and protect the baby, creating a safe and comfortable cushion for bathing. Blooming Bath is the creator of the original flower bath pads, and they construct them with the highest quality plush materials for a thicker, safer, and more comforting bath experience
- Newborn Essentials Must Haves: The Blooming Bath Lotus has 4 contoured petals, forming a safe baby bath mat for a stress-free bathtime. Our flower baby sink cushion is designed and recommended for infants and babies up to 6 months. It is also great as a pillow for the transition to the grown-up tub
- Easy to care for: Our ultrasoft crystal Minky fabric is washer and dryer safe on delicate. Wring out excess water from the bath pad and place in dryer to prevent any odor. The Blooming Bath is constructed with resistant materials but should be regularly washed and cleaned for best results
- Praised by Parents: Blooming Bath was awarded the Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) Award for its design
- Gender-neutral gifts: Find the perfect baby gift from one of our unique newborn essentials: flower bath pads, plush baby towels, washcloths, or loveys for babies
The selection of baby bath tubs can be overwhelming, but with this list, you’ll have no problem finding the best baby bath tub to buy. Once you find the perfect tub for your babies, bath time will become something you can look forward to as well.