Remember those blissful days spent at the beach, before motherhood? Well, they don’t have to end! You will undoubtedly need to make some adjustments, but the beach can be an incredible place to create family memories. Being oceanside with triplets can be tricky, but there’s one way you can make it easier on everyone: by using the best baby beach tent.
With the right beach tent for your little ones you’ll be able to soak in the glory of the beach, all while your babies play safely close-by.
What Exactly is a Baby Beach Tent?
The name says it all. It’s a tent designed specifically for the needs of young children. They’re often smaller in size to comfortably shelter newborns or infants, but can be found larger for toddlers as well! (Or in your case, multiples!)
What makes them unique? They often include SPF shading, and provide protection from outdoor elements. Don’t worry; your little ones will still have a chance to experience their surroundings since most include a wide entrance, or mesh sides.
The Awesome Aspects of a Baby Beach Tent
As with any product, you’ll likely want to know if it’s worth the investment. What sets it apart from a standard beach umbrella? There are plenty of reasons why you’ll want to forego your traditional umbrella, and replace it for one of these. If you’re a mama who adores the beach, a baby beach tent is easily going to become a travel essential.
- The first, and most obvious, benefit of a baby beach tent is the sun protection. They’re designed to shield your child from the rays of the sun, from various angles! Most tents also have SPF in the material to provide even more protection from the dangers of UV rays. (Don’t forget to also follow sun safety when it comes to your littles!)
- The best baby beach tent is also going to provide you with one incredible feature: Control. We’d love to say we have control over any situation when it comes to motherhood, but it’s simply not true. Handling triplets at the beach can become overwhelming, but a beach tent gives you the perfect amount of help, so you can focus on enjoying the day as a family.
- A baby beach tent doesn’t simply protect your little ones from the sun, but provides protection from all elements. It’s easy to worry about the outdoors when your babies are so young, but the tent will reduce those worries significantly. Your babies will be protected from bugs, winds, sand, and much more.
- Finally, your beach tent can give your little ones an immersive experience. Some tents are designed to let your little one join in on the fun. For instance, some allow you to put a small amount of water at the base. It’s the perfect way for your babies to become accustomed to all the beach has to offer.
They’re awesome; we know. Of course, you don’t have to take our word for it. Find out for yourself! Let’s dive into the search for the best baby beach tent.
The Best Baby Beach Tents
1. Monobeach Baby Beach Tent Pop Up– Best UV Beach Tent for Baby
Although baby tents can save the day, you might still want your little ones to be able to enjoy all the beach has to offer. With the Monobeach pop up, your babies can enjoy the wonders of the seaside. Instead of worrying about bringing your little ones to the water, you can bring the water to them!
- Blue tent with green detailing
- Two way zipper
- Storage pocket
- Velcro fasteners
- Mini pool at base
- UPF 50+
- Includes 4 pegs, carrying case, and one tent
- 50+ UV protection
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Pops open easily
- Mesh panel on back for air flow
- Back is sealed with curtain for one entrance. Protects against wind and sand
- Has a design for a “mini pool” to allow your babies to sit in shallow water. Can also be used for sand
- Challenging to fold back up
Parents adore this product for little beach goers, and it may be the best baby beach tent. The majority of people did find folding it back up was a true struggle, but after watching some Youtube tutorials, it wasn’t an issue. Your triplets may be snug in this particular tent, but they could certainly enjoy their time inside.
- [Design Concept]: Designed for children under 3 years of age. At the bottom of the mini pool can allow baby play in the water instead of go to the seaside, parents can have extra time to enjoy the beach trip.
- [UV Protection]: 50+. Better protect baby from the sun's harmful rays.
- [Convenient]: Automatic pop up; Light; Easy carry with a bag; Removable.
- [Dimension]: Open size: 47.2* 30.3* 23.6 in.; Carry bag size: 21in..
- [What You Get]: 1*Baby Shade Tent; 1* Carry bag; 4* Pegs; Friendly customer service.
2. Schylling UV Play Shade – Best Beach Shelter for Baby
If you’re in search of a tent with more space for your babies, or if your triplets are now toddlers, this is an incredible option. It’s a much more traditional type of tent, but it’s undoubtedly a perfect choice for the beach.
- Blue and Yellow Design
- Sun Sense UV play shade of SPF 50+
- Pop up design
- Includes tie down pegs and sand pockets
- Includes a travel bag for convenient storage
- Waterproof material
- Mesh panel for airflow
- Provides great sun protection
- Front curtains can loosely close
- Mesh piece allows air to get into the tent
- Takes seconds to assemble/disassemble
- Can fit multiples
- Versatile use
- It can get a little hot inside the tent (Easily fixed with a portable fan). Some also suggest keeping the curtains rolled up
The Schylling is very similar to the Monobeach, minus the mini pool. You’ll also get more room for your little ones, so they can play together comfortably. The design of this tent makes it wonderfully versatile. It can be used at the beach, in the backyard, or on a camping trip.
- SPF 50+. Stay safe from the harmful effects of the sun with the Sun Sense UV play shade, the special material is SPF 50+
- POPS UP IN SECONDS. The patented design pops up in seconds, the tent is 31 inches high, 51 inches wide and 39 inches deep
- GO ANYWHERE. Folds down easily and fits into the included “Go Anywhere” travel bag
- BACKYARD OR BEACH. Comes with tie down pegs and sand pockets to keep it securely in place where ever you are
- PERFECT SIZE. It is the perfect size for multiple toddlers to enjoy an outdoor adventure without worry
3. Outdoor Master Pop Up Tent– Best Spacious Baby Beach Tent
If space is the priority on your hunt for the best baby beach tent, the Outdoor Master could be your ideal choice. Your little ones will easily fit inside, and you may even be able to snuggle in there as well!
- Bright blue color
- Pop up design
- Includes stakes and sand bag pockets to secure in place
- Zipper door to seal tent
- UV SPF 50+ protection
- Three mesh sides
- Includes carrying bag
- Pocket on inside of tent for small belongings. Perfect for diapers!
- 6 Month satisfaction guarantee
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Doesn’t get hot inside
- Plenty of space for three
- Lined pocket inside for added storage
- Takes seconds to put together
- Provides great ariflow with three mesh windows
- Includes stakes for various terrain
- Closes completely for added privacy. Breastfeeding mothers will appreciate!
- Poles need to be connected/disconnected before set up. Can be burdensome
When it comes to flaws with this tent, there aren’t any. It’s the perfect beach accessory to help your little ones stay cool, and to keep them from the harsh rays of the sun. The front zip up is a great way to keep your babies from crawling out of the tent, and you can be assured it won’t get too hot inside due to the numerous mesh openings.
- POP UP BEACH TENT - Raise in seconds - no assembly required, frustrated days of putting up and taking down large beach tents has gone!
- SPACIOUS INTERIOR FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY - there is enough room in the XL beach tent for 2 adults and 2 kids to sit in the inside.
- TRUE SUN PROTECTION - rated 3000mm PU coating by newest breathable 210T polyester, compact beach tent provides protection from the sun and wind for all outdoor activities.
- VERSATILE DESIGN - Built-in ZIPPERED DOOR offers privacy to change into dry clothes; LARGE MESH WINDOWS and double guyout points let you enjoy great ventilation and breezes; overhead MESH POCKETS make it possible to store valuables.
- STURDY & EASY TO CARRY - Easy fixture of the beach tent on all surfaces with the included stakes and built-in sand bags. It withstands the wind well and completely PORTABLE once set up with the carry bag.
4. Abcosport Pop Up Tent– Best Infant Beach Tent
Perhaps your beach trip isn’t quite for kiddos yet. If your babies are still very young, then you may simply be looking for good shelter to keep them safe and comfortable. The Abcosport pop up is the perfect option for such situations!
- Water resistant
- Double doors on each side
- Two large mesh windows
- Dual layer material
- UV protection
- Pop up design
- Velcro flaps close for privacy
- Includes carrying case
- Very easy to assemble
- Great airflow
- Dual access doors are a plus
- Large enough for multiple people
- Very convenient to store
- Risk-free guarantee
- Doesn’t include sand pockets for security. Does includes stakes though
- Can be tricky to take down.
Most say you simply need to follow the directions closely
The Abcosport is the perfect beach tent for infants who aren’t quite ready to experience the beach for themselves. Of course, the fun doesn’t have to end there. This tent can easily hold multiple toddlers, so your little ones will have a place to play as they grow.
- Effortless set up – Pops open in the blink of an eye into a ready-to-use camping and lounge tent, and easy to fold back into a compact form – Abco Pop up tent is ideal for casual camping and accommodates 1-2 people. Set up your tent instantly!
- Double doors – With double doors on both the left and right side, it’s easy to step out from either side. Moreover, a combination of inner zippered screen plus outer zippered nylon layer give an ability to easily switch between high breathability and complete privacy.
- High breathability– a mesh window on both the front and back allow for air circulation while the solid nylon flaps over the windows allow for privacy. Further, opening the mesh windows allows you to enjoy your surroundings from inside the tent.
- Carry bag & accessories – Comes with a carry bag that's ideal for storage and easy portability. It also comes with a small bag for accessories to keep them organized
- Best Use - This product is not meant to be subject to storm conditions or long periods of rain! Use this on a casual camping trip or set it up on the beach for shelter from the sun!
5. Pacific Play Tents Deluxe Nursery Tent– Best Beach Tent for Moms on a Budget
Your kiddos are going to love playing in the Pacific Play tent because it’s fun. In addition to being an outdoor fort, it’s bright and colorful, which is perfect for growing minds. It’s a wonderful option to keep your babies entertained, without breaking the bank.
- Bright, colorful designs
- Includes padded mat for children
- UV treated fabric
- Waterproof floor
- Two large mesh walls
- One mesh front opening
- Pop up design
- Available in four fun color designs
- Folds up very small
- Easy to assemble
- Large mesh openings will make sure your babies stay cool
- SPF 30 walls
- Doesn’t appear to include stakes
- Not a great option for curious crawlers. Can easy be pushed over
Overall, the Pacific Play is definitely a contender for the best baby beach tent. It’s simplistic design keeps your little ones shaded from outdoor elements. You will need to place some items inside to weigh it down, but it’s a minor flaw.
- Tent size: 36" X 36" X 36" high, Ideal portable shelter with padded mat for your baby
- Fully equipped with two mesh side-walls and a mesh roll-up door for ample ventilation and unobstructed visibility
- UV treated fabric will protect sensitive skin from the sun
- Durable 190T polyester taffeta fabric with waterproof floor
- Carry bag included
Beach Trip Anyone?
We weren’t joking when we said we were going to provide you with a list for the best baby beach tent. The only problem you’ll have now is deciding among these five incredible options. Whichever you choose, you’ll find having a baby beach tent makes your family trips much more manageable, and enjoyable for everyone!