Apple cider vinegar has become a beloved remedy for women everywhere, and it’s been around for centuries. It’s known to be incredibly beneficial to your overall health, and even your beauty routine. However, many women have one important question on their minds: is it safe during pregnancy? To the surprise of many, you can consume apple cider vinegar while pregnant!
If you’re new to the craze of apple cider vinegar then you may be more reluctant to try it during such an important time in your life. However, you might change your mind once you realize all it has to offer.
What Exactly is Apple Cider Vinegar?
It’s a wondrous juice that can heal any ailment, and make you look glorious. Okay, it’s not the stuff of magic, but it sure seems like it! It’s a concoction composed of apple juice and yeast. The two together create alcohol, which then turns into acetic acid due to the bacteria present. Voila, you have a versatile remedy for health and cleaning purposes.
- Gluten-Free And Kosher
- One 16 Fl. Oz. Glass Bottle Of Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Raw & Unfiltered
- Refrigeration Not Needed
What Does it Taste Like?
With “apple cider” in the name, it can’t be too bad right? Well, that’s debatable. The taste definitely has apple in there, but you also get the not-so-pleasant taste of acidic vinegar.
How Do You Use It?
Apple cider vinegar isn’t just for consumption! It can be used for cleaning, external treatments, and as a preservative. If you have an ailment, there’s a chance that apple cider vinegar could give you relief.
Some people do take one tablespoon of ACV alone. However, because of the acidity level, it can be potentially harmful on the body. No need to worry, however, because you can dilute it several ways!
Take a look at this amazing list of all the incredible uses of apple cider vinegar.
Now that you have a basic knowledge for this miraculous juice, we can focus on its use during pregnancy.
Apple Cider Vinegar & Pregnancy
Our parenting worries start the moment we find out we’re expecting, and we often want to make sure everything we consume is safe for our little ones. We know apple cider vinegar is extremely beneficial, but what can it contribute to your strenuous pregnancy?
Apple Cider Vinegar and Common Pregnancy Woes
- High Blood Pressure- This is a common concern all throughout pregnancy. Thankfully, ACV can help. It can reduce blood sugar and help insulin function.
- Heartburn- If you’ve dealt with the struggle of heartburn while pregnant, then you’re likely desperate for a solution. It’s been said to neutralize stomach acid, which can ease your symptoms. However, it should be diluted with water to prevent further irritation from the acidity.
- Morning Sickness – Anything to help rid you of that overwhelming sensation of nausea, right? Many mothers use ACV to help calm, or eliminate, morning sickness symptoms. Try putting a tablespoon into your juice or water!
- UTIs- Just another fun symptom of pregnancy. Apple cider vinegar can treat urinary tract infections as well! The acidity of the solution helps rid the body of bacteria, which reduces your chances of getting a UTI.
- Skin issues- Pregnancy causes your hormones to fluctuate wildly, which can often lead to unwanted blemishes. The antibacterial properties can help diminish those problem areas. It can be added in water, or used as a toner!
Pregnancy symptoms can be overwhelming, and truly strenuous during an already complex time, but many are hesitant to take medicine for relief. Thankfully, apple cider vinegar is a natural option for pregnant women, so relief of these common symptoms is possible!
- MOTHER KNOWS BEST - Made from certified organic, USA-grown apples, our premium, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (ACV) has lots of “the Mother” so many look for. This cloudy combo of bacterial cultures and dietary fiber shows that it’s unpasteurized, raw and ultra-pure.
- AS HARDWORKING AS YOU ARE - Whether as a tangy salad dressing swap-in, quick digestive tonic, natural household cleaner or easy hair rinse, fans grab ACV for its alkalizing potential and up-for-anything usefulness. Multitasking? Yes.
- SIMPLY MADE - To make sure you get fresh flavor and rich color, our non-GMO ACV is fermented from fresh apple juice (not concentrate), and no heat or harsh chemicals are used throughout the process.
- GLASS BOTTLE FOR BETTER TASTE - Since glass acts as an oxygen-barrier and preserves taste, that’s what we use. Plus, it’s recyclable, so it’s good for the planet, too.
- CERTIFIED PURE - Our ACV is made in a GSFI (Global Food Safety Initiative)-Certified facility, a worldwide safety standard. The facility’s also free from “big 8” allergens like peanuts, milk and eggs. So you can feel confident that what you’re getting is nothing but pure.
A Versatile Elixir
The miracles of apple cider vinegar aren’t limited to pregnancy challenges! Here’s a few more ways acv acts as a health warrior:
- Enhances weight loss- Suppresses appetite, which leads to consuming less calories.
- Lowers Cholesterol- ACV can also contribute to better heart health!
- Soothes sunburns- Amp your bath up with some acv to soothe painful sunburns.
- Treats Wart- Apply a cotton ball soaked in acv repeatedly, followed by a bandaid, to rid yourself of warts.
- Natural Deodorant- A small dab under the arms, and you have a completely natural deodorant.
- Detoxes the body- Acv assists with blood circulation and helps regulate pH levels in your system.
The list goes on and on, but these are only a piece of what acv has to offer. Find out how to use these remedies, and more, here. It’s possible your love for apple cider vinegar will long surpass your pregnancy.
The “Cautions” of Apple Cider Vinegar
It’s a wonderful natural remedy, but there are things to keep in mind when you begin using it. However, most side effects do not occur unless ACV is used in large, consistent doses.
- Erosion of tooth enamel- This can be caused by the acidity level in the vinegar.
- Esophageal Burns- For the same reason, it can cause throat irritation, or even burns.
- Decrease in Appetite- It’s been found that it can also suppress appetite, leading to less caloric intake. This could definitely be a cause for concern during pregnancy.
The positives of apple cider vinegar definitely outweigh the negatives, but its acidity level should always be considered. As mentioned, women do often take a spoonful straight, but since you’re carrying precious cargo it’s best to dilute the solution in a beverage or meal. Also, try using it when needed, rather than preventative.
Most solutions seem terrifying during pregnancy, so finding a natural one is a huge relief. A spoonful of apple cider vinegar while pregnant could be the answer to so many daunting pregnancy symptoms. You’ll also be able to use this versatile liquid for yourself, and your home, once your little ones arrive.